Riverside Employment Law Services
Experienced Legal Counsel When You Need It Most
At Southern California Labor Law Group PC, we are proud to help employees across the Riverside area fight back against discrimination and employment law violations. Our team of dedicated legal professionals is committed to delivering quality legal representation that helps employees feel more confident and empowered when fighting back against rights violations.
Our attorneys can handle any employment law-related issue, including:
- Disability discrimination
- Wrongful termination
- Whistleblower cases
Facing an employment law issue can be daunting, and you deserve skilled, knowledgeable support. Whether you've been denied disability leave, or your employer has retaliated against you for reporting an employment law violation, we are here to help.
To schedule a confidential consultation, call our law firm at (424) 306-1515 or contact us online.
Get Help to Understand Your Rights as an Employee
Understanding your rights as an employee is crucial in identifying potential violations in your workplace. This knowledge empowers you to take appropriate actions when your rights are violated, ensuring you're not silently enduring unfair practices or treatment. Further, being aware of your rights promotes a healthier work environment, fostering respect and equitable treatment for all.
Here are five common workplace rights violations that you should be aware of:
- Wage and Hour Violations: This includes denying overtime pay, paying less than the minimum wage, or forcing employees to work "off the clock.”
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Violations: Some employers may deny valid requests for FMLA leave or punish workers who take it.
- Discrimination: Discrimination comes in many forms, including age, gender, race, sexuality, and disability discrimination.
- Harassment: This could include sexual harassment, racial harassment, or any other type of harassment based on a protected characteristic.
- Retaliation: It's illegal for employers to punish employees for filing complaints, reporting workplace violations, or participating in investigations.
If you suspect any of these violations in your workplace, it's essential to get legal help promptly. Our team at Southern California Labor Law Group PC is ready to guide you through the process.
Preparing for Your First Attorney Meeting
To make the most of your initial consultation with our employment law attorneys, preparation is critical. This can not only help your attorney better understand your case but also expedite the legal process. Before meeting with an attorney, it's helpful to have a clear outline of what your case is about. Identify the main events, the issues you're facing, and the outcome you're seeking. You should also gather all pertinent documentation related to your case.
We encourage you to bring the following:
- Employment contracts and agreements
- Any correspondence related to your case (emails, letters, memos, etc.)
- Your employee handbook or any company policies relevant to your case
- Documented instances of discrimination, harassment, or retaliation (if applicable)
- Any relevant medical records (for disability discrimination cases)
- Records of your employment history and performance evaluations
Lastly, make a list of any questions or concerns you may have about your case or the legal process. This will help your attorney address everything you need to know moving forward.
Your Rights Matter to Us
Southern California Labor Law Group PC has handled all types of employment law matters, including sexual harassment claims, wage disputes, age discrimination cases, and retaliation claims. We are prepared to put this foundation of experience and our wealth of knowledge to work for you.
Why Choose Southern California Labor Law Group PC?
- Experience: We have a deep knowledge of the constantly changing legal landscape that is California State and federal labor laws.
- Dedication: We are committed to advocating for employee rights, fighting for you to receive the respect and compensation you deserve.
- Results: We have a track record of successful case resolutions both in court proceedings and negotiation settlements.
If you are facing workplace issues or simply need advice regarding your employment rights under California labor, contact our Riverside employment law attorneys today.