Los Angeles Discrimination Attorneys
Protecting Workers’ Rights Is Our Top-Priority
Although the State of California prohibits discrimination in the workplace, some employers continue to discriminates a person’s:
- Sexual orientation
- Or medical condition
At Southern California Labor Law Group PC, we are familiar with the subversive methods employers use to discriminate against workers, which is why we proudly use our skills and resources to help employees take action and hold their employers accountable for mistreatment in the workplace.
What Is Considered Discrimination in the Workplace?
Under the California Fair Employment & Housing Act, the following forms of discrimination based on a person’s race, color, religion, sex, age, gender, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, or military or veteran status are illegal in the workplace:
- Refusing to hire, employ, or select for training programs
- Harassment and other unfair treatment
- Denying compensation or benefits
- Paying equally-qualified employees with the same role different salaries
- Showing bias when distributing disability leave, maternity leave, or retirement options
- Denying access to company facilities or tools and equipment that are crucial for work performance
- Repeated negative comments regarding a protected class
- Poor performance reviews motivated by racial or gender hostility
- Refusing to make reasonable workplace accommodations for disabled or pregnant employees
Proudly Helping You Fight All Forms of Discrimination in the Workplace
If you belong to a protected category and have experienced discrimination at your workplace, then please reach out to our seasoned attorneys at Southern California Labor Law Group PC so we can review all of your options under the law and guide you through potential obstacles you might encounter during the legal process.
Our lawyers are equipped with the resources you need to craft a strong strategy so you can pursue maximum compensation and the justice you deserve for being disrespected at work, whether you have been:
- Denied a promotion
- Or fired based on discriminatory reasons
Our lawyers believe that workers of all backgrounds are entitled to do their job in an environment that is free of harassment and discrimination. Contact our legal team today so we can learn more about your situation and help investigate your claim.