Los Angeles Wrongful Termination Attorneys
Let Us Advocate for Your Labor Rights
California is an at-will employment state, which means the employee/employer relationship can be terminated at any given time and for any reason that doesn't violate the law.
Although at-will employees can suddenly lose their jobs, employers can be held liable for wrongful termination if they have an unlawful reason.
If you have recently been fired by your employer and are wondering if the employer’s actions were illegal, then please contact Southern California Labor Law Group PC today so we can discuss your situation and help you determine if you can file a wrongful termination lawsuit.
What Is Considered Wrongful Termination in California?
While some wrongful termination cases are fairly straightforward, others are more complicated to prove and require in-depth investigation and analysis.
The following can be considered wrongful termination under California’s employment laws:
- Firing an employee because they have a physical or mental disability
- Firing an employee for being pregnant
- Firing an employee for reasons based on race, gender, age, sex, religion, or national origin
- Firing an employee because of their political beliefs or activities
- Firing an employee for being a whistleblower
- Firing an employee for requesting unpaid wages
What Is Constructive Termination or Dismissal?
Constructive termination occurs when an employer makes working conditions so unbearable that the employee is forced to resign.
Examples of constructive dismissal include:
- Humiliating an employee in the workplace
- Making substantial changes to an employees workplace location without giving adequate notice
- Falsely accusing an employee of misconduct
- Lowering an employee’s pay without a reasonable explanation
- Allowing sexual harassment and other behaviors that create a hostile work environment
What Type of Damages Can Be Recovered for Wrongful Termination?
Damages typically recovered in wrongful termination cases include:
- Lost wages, including back pay, front pay, and benefits
- Emotional distress damages
- Punitive damages
- Attorneys fees and costs
How Our Wrongful Termination Lawyers Can Help
Our experienced legal team at Southern California Labor Law Group PC takes the time to get to know our clients and build strong relationships so that we can deliver high-quality legal representation that is tailored to the unique needs of their cases.
We take a wide view of each case we handle so we can identify the most effective strategy to pursue justice and fair compensation. If you believe you have a wrongful termination case, please reach out to our compassionate legal team in Los Angeles so we can review your case.