SCLLG recently obtained a $41.5 million dollar verdict. The largest employment verdict in the country in 2023. Read more
Hurt hand with brace

My Workers' Comp Personal Injury Claim Was Denied. What Are My Options?

You may feel out of options if your workers' compensation claim is denied. However, this is not always the case. There are several things you can do to try and get the benefits you deserve. Our employment law team discusses the different options available to you if your claim is denied. We will also provide information on how to appeal a denial and what to do if you decide to file a lawsuit. 

Appeal the Denial

The first step you should take if you are denied workers' compensation is to appeal. You can do this by contacting the insurance company and requesting a review of your case. If you have new evidence or information not considered when your claim was denied initially, include this in your appeal. The insurance company will review your case and decide whether to approve your claim.

File a Lawsuit

If you decide to file a lawsuit, you will need to prove that the denial of your workers' compensation claim was unjustified. This can be challenging, so working with an experienced attorney specializing in workers' compensation law is essential. An attorney will be able to help you gather the necessary evidence and build a strong case.

Seek Benefits from Other Sources

Even if your workers' compensation claim is denied, you may still be able to obtain benefits from other sources. For instance, you may be eligible for disability benefits through Social Security if you were injured in a work-related accident. If your employer is at fault for your injuries, you may also be able to file a personal injury lawsuit against them.

Southern California Labor Law Group PC Can Help!

No matter what option you choose, it is important to get started right away. The sooner you take action, the better your chance of getting the benefits you deserve. Please get in touch with our office today if you have any questions or need help getting started. We would be happy to help you through this process.

Call today at (424) 306-1515 for a free consultation.